About Applying

Q.1Where can I find the availability guidelines of the facilities of Kyoto International Community House (kokoka)?
A.Please see our homepage for the facilities available for rent, or inquire about them by phone. (075-752-3010)
Application Process
Q.2From when can I file an application?
A.For rental of all facilities, applications are accepted from the first business day of the month one year before the month in which the event is scheduled. Please contact us in case of international exchange events, an international conference, etc., that requires reservations to be made in advance of the above mentioned dates.
Q.3Until when can I file an application?
A.For rental of the Event Hall, applications are accepted until one month prior to the event. For rental of the other facilities, applications are accepted up to the day that you need it if it is still available.
Q.4We have some plans for the date we want to rent.
A.Please inquire about it. (075-752-3010)
Q.5Is the rental fee different between weekdays and weekends?
A.Yes, it is. Please click here for details.
Application Process
Q.6What about the payment?
A.Please pay rental fees within two weeks after submitting your application.
  • ・Make the payment by cash at the reception in the Kyoto City International Foundation (kokoka)
  • ・Make the payment by bank transfer
Please pay the fees including accessory equipment, extended hours, and waste disposal on the day at site by cash.
Q.7What about the cancellation fee?
A.Please inquire about it. (075-752-3010) The cancellation charges vary.
Application Process
Q.8Can I apply on the internet?
A.Yes. First, please register yourself as a user. Go to [Application Process] on our website.
Application Process
Q.9Can I apply by telephone?
A.Please come to kokoka or download and print out the application form on our website, fill it out, and send it to our office by regular mail.
Q.10Is there parking space?
A.Yes, we have pay parking for 33 cars. There is no discount for parking fee even if you come here for preliminary visit or apply for events held by kokoka.
Q.11Is it possible to apply from overseas countries?
A.Yes, but there must be a person/group who residing in Japan whom our secretariat can contact. Additionally, the person/group must own an account of a banking establishment in Japan to domestically transfer the fees including facility usage.

About using the Rooms for Rent

Q.12From what time can we use the facilities?
A.If you rent facilities in the morning, you can use them from 9:00; in the afternoon, from 13:00; in the evening, from 18:00.
Q.13Can I eat and drink in any of the facilities? Can we use them for parties?
A.It depends on which facility.
You can use the Event Hall and the Special Conference Room for parties. In the other facilities, you can have light food and drinks, but no alcohol. In other rooms, people can eat and drink in the scale of lunch box meal.
Q.14Can we put tables out to the corridor to make a reception section?
A.In principle, we do not allow it. But please inquire about it. (075-752-3010)
Q.15Can I play music in the facilities?
A.Please inquire about it before the event is to be held. (075-752-3010)
※In the case that we have complaint about the sound volume, we may ask you stop playing.
Q.16Can I post any notices on the wall in the facilities?
A.No posting of signs on the walls and doors. Please use the rental board (pole stand) to post the signs you bring with you.
Q.17Can I smoke in the facilities?
A.Smoking is prohibited in all our buildings. You may smoke only in the designated area in front of the main entrance.
Q.18Will you set up the place and return to its original state after use?
A.We will not arrange the layout for you, but you may do it by yourself. Please return the tables and chairs to their former positions before you leave.
Q.19Can I send packages and materials to the venue beforehand?
A.Yes, you can send them up to two days prior to the event. Please inform us before sending them, and please include a slip with the following information: the date that you will use the facilities, the name of the facilities that you will use, and your name. However, do not send any valuables. We do not bear any responsibility for theft or damage of any materials. If you plan to send a lot of materials, you can rent extra space from us to keep them in.
Q.20Can I send back packages from the venue after use?
A.Please arrange sending off packages and materials by yourself and witness them sending out with the delivery company. (If you cannot hand over your packages/materials by yourself, please consult with the secretariat)
Q.21Can I extend the time of using the facilities?
A.It is possible, but this depends on whether others have made reservations or not. For more information about the extension charge and its procedure, please inquire.
Q.22Can I inspect the facilities beforehand?
A.Yes, it is possible. Please make an appointment beforehand. (075-752-3010)
Q.23Can I bring my own equipment into the facilities?
A.Yes, you can. But please inquire in case you require a big power source.
Q.23Can I rent any equipment?
A.Yes, we have some equipment for rent. Please look at the User's Guide.

User's Guide(PDF)*Japanese

About the facilities

Q.25Can I use internet in the facilities?
A.Cable Internet is available in the facilities, except for the Annex. (Please bring your own internet cables.)
Q.26Is there a copy machine?
A.Yes. We have a pay copy machine for a small fee.
Q.27Can I buy something to drink at Kyoto International Community House (kokoka)?
A.There is a cafe on the first floor and vending machines on each floor.
Q.28Are there any restrooms for physically handicapped people?
A.Yes, we have them on every floor.
Q.29Is there any place to breast feed a child?
A.Yes, we offer a room for it in the office. Please request this at the information desk of Kyoto International Community House (kokoka).
Q.30Is there any place to change a baby's diaper?
A.Yes, Diaper Changing Stations are available in the restroom for women on every floor, and in the restroom for men on the second floor.
Q.31Is there any place for praying?
A.Yes, we offer a room for this in the office, but only for a small number of people because the room is small.

Other questions

Q.32Will you dispose of garbage that I produce after the event?
A.Small amounts of garbage should be thrown out into the garbage cans in each conference room or in the kitchenette on each floor.
We dispose big amounts of garbage for a fee.
Fee: one bag/one bundle 500 yen
You should use the special garbage bag (45L) of the International House. Let us know you need it at the 1F counter.
Please separate the garbage into ① Burnable garbage ② Plastics ③Aluminum cans, glass and plastic bottles ④Cardboard
* Please bundle your cardboard with duct tape or twine.
Q.33Can you call a taxi for me?
A.It is possible for you to call a taxi at the information desk of Kyoto International Community House (kokoka).
Q.34Can I reserve parking?
A.We do not accept reservations for parking.
Q.35Can you post our event information in your publication?
A.Yes, we will post your event information in the "Event Calendar" in print and on our web site if you wish.
Event Calendar