Sister City Corner/Exhibition Room（Jointly Coordinated Exhibition Space）
Panels introducing the sister/partner cities of Kyoto City and exhibits such as craftworks from these cities are permanently exhibited. Also, special exhibitions intended for international exchange can be held at the Sister City Corner/Exhibition Room cosponsored by the Kyoto City International Foundation (about 20 times a year).
The Kyoto City International Foundation seeks applicants to co-sponsor exhibitions involving international exchange. Please ask our Library/Reference Room staff regarding these cosponsored events.
Purpose and outline
- (1) The “Sister City Corner/Exhibition Room (hereafter, Exhibition Room)” is available for exhibitions involving local international exchange activities and promoting mutual international understanding.
- (2) Period of exhibition: Maximum 7 days (including days the building is closed, set-up and removal)
- (3) Exhibition Hours: Maximum 9:30-20:30
- (4) In principle, no private exhibitions can be held.
Applying to use the space
Applications can be submitted from the beginning of the month 6 months prior to the intended exhibition date.
- (1) Please fill out the required information on the “Application Form to Obtain Permission to Hold an Exhibition at the Sister City Corner/Exhibition Room.”
- (2) Please bring the above mentioned application form and photographs of the works you want to exhibit, and consult with us (an appointment is required for consultation).
- (3) We will examine the exhibition contents and inform you if the application is accepted or not. If it is accepted, you will receive “Permission to Cosponsor an Exhibition at the Sister City Corner/Exhibition Room.”
Please pay 30,000 yen for financial assistance.
Criteria to providing cosponsoring permission
- (1) For use of the Exhibition Room, applicants may not be able to use the space at the period they originally selected, since events sponsored by Kyoto City International Foundation and related events to them have priority.
- (2) The same applicant cannot hold special exhibitions more than once in the same fiscal year. Also, even if the same applicant holds an exhibition once a year, 3 years is the maximum limit for consecutively held events.
- (3) Usage of the Exhibition Room for special exhibitions is limited to twice a month.
- (4) If the exhibition falls into any of following categories, the applicant cannot use the space:
ⅰ The exhibition is held with the purpose of promoting a particular political and/or religious view.
ⅱ The exhibition is held with the purpose of garnering commercial gain, or is related to a group/groups looking for commercial gain.
ⅲ It is felt the exhibition will disturb the operation and/or order of the hall and the Foundation.
ⅳ The exhibition is recognized to have caused a disturbance in management of the Foundation and Sister City Corner/Exhibition Room.
- (5) Applicants/Exhibitors can sell goods (including artworks) and/or ask for donations.
- (6) Exhibitors can play live music, etc. provided people using other facilities in the building are not disturbed by it.
Important notice regarding exhibitions (setting up/removal)
- (1) The Foundation cannot store exhibit materials prior to the exhibition’s set up date.
- (2) The entire set up and removal of exhibits must be carried out by the applicant. This requires at least 5 people.
- (3) On the days of setting up/removal, a maximum of 2 registered vehicles can park at our business parking lot in order to load and unload exhibits. Non-registered vehicles and vehicles visiting the building other than on set up/removal days must park in our general parking lot (fee required).
- (4) When the exhibition space is being used, one or more observers must be present. The Foundation does not assume any responsibility for theft and/or accidents affecting exhibits and other materials.
- (5) Exhibitors are not allowed to use nails or thumb tacks on the walls and exhibition panels to set up exhibits. Lighting fixtures are fragile, so please handle them with care. If the applicant damages the facility/fixings to a significant degree, the Foundation will request the applicant to pay for the actual cost to restore them to their original condition.
- (6) Removal of exhibition materials must be completed by 6 p.m. Please restore the space to its original condition and be inspected by the person in charge at the Foundation.
- (7) Any actions or behaviors that disturb others and drinking/eating are prohibited in the space, including causing noise.
- (8) Please take all of your garbage with you.
- (9) The Foundation may limit the time to use the space due to management reasons.
- (10) Please follow the orders of the Foundation regarding any matters of usage.
If the applicant does not follow the required rules and regulations, permission to cosponsor an event in the Exhibition Room may be cancelled. The Foundation does not assume any responsibilities such as compensation for damage caused by the cancellation.
Special exhibitions planned for 2020 fiscal year
April ○th(○.)～April ○th(○.) ○:○～○:○ (○th to ○:○)
Special exhibitions planned for 2019 fiscal year
Rapport Exhibition -irodoru kokoro-
March 18th(Wed.) 2020～March 22nd(Sun.) 2020 10:00～18:00 (22nd to 16:00)
International Art Exhibition - Japan [Traveling Exhibition] - (by Artists Living in Wuhan, China)
January 9th(Thu.) 2020～January 13th(Mon. Holiday) 2020 10:00～17:00 (9th from 14:00. 13th to 14:00)
Ongoing Conversation : Recall, Recollect, and Reconstruct
December 20th(Fri.)～January 5th(Sun.) 2020 12:00～16:00
※Opening event : December 20th 16:00～18:00 (The first day : Event only)
※Except for kokoka closing days(December 184.108.40.206.31. January 220.127.116.11)
The 26th Japan-Korea Friendship Art Exhibition 2019/Kyoto
December 4th(Wed.)～December 8th(Sun.) 9:30～18:00 (8th to 16:00)
Japan-Korea Art Exchange Exhibition
November 19th(Tue.)～November 24th(Sun.) 11:00～18:00 (19th from 13:00. 24th to 16:00)
The 4th Arabic Calligraphy Joint Exhibition @Kansai
November 12th(Tue.)～November 17th(Sun.) 11:00～17:00 (12th from 14:00. 17th 10:00～16:00)
The 20th Anniversary Exhibition of Korea Feminist Artist Activity
November 6th(Wed.)～November 10th(Sun.) 11:00～18:00 (10th to 16:00)
Culture City of East Asia Exchange Project 2019 Youth Exchange Photo Exhibition
October 30th(Wed.)～November 3rd(Sun.) 9:30～17:30 (3rd to 16:00)
Hiromi Uchida / Michiko Uchida Art Exhibition
October 22nd(Tue.)～October 27th(Sun.) 11:00～18:00 (22nd from 12:30. 27th to 16:00)
THE PSS-JPIF EXCHANGE EXHIBITION
SINGAPORE & JAPAN CULTURAL EXCHANGE 2019
October 16th(Wed.)～October 20th(Sun.) 10:00～17:00 (20th to 16:00)
2019 Kyoto International Art Exhibition
October 9th(Wed.)～October 13th(Sun.) 10:00～17:00 (13th to 15:00)
"Islamic Schools and Children" Photography and Poetry Exhibition
October 2nd(Wed.)～October 6th(Sun.) 10:30～18:30 (6th to 15:00)
Japan-China Art Exchange Exhibition
September 11th(Wed.)～September 15th(Sun.) 10:00～17:00 (15th to 15:00)
World Picture Book Exhibition 2019 Exploring the Wonder of Boston, the U.S.A.
July 31st(Wed.)～August 4th(Sun.) 11:00～17:00
Kyoto International Art Exchange Exhibition
May 22nd(Wed.)～May 26th(Sun.) 10:00～18:00 (26th to 16:00)
Kyoto International Cultural Community Exhibition
May 8th(Wed.)～May 19th(Sun.) 11:00～19:00 (19th to 16:00) ※Closed on May13
Japanese Heart Song 2019 Spring Kayōsha(華曜舎) Exhibition
April 24th(Wed.)～April 28th(Sun.) 10:00～17:00 (28th to 16:00)
The 6th Japan Print Society, Kinki Branch Exhibition
April 9th(Tue.)～April 14th(Sun.) 11:00～18:00 (9th from 12:00. 14th to 16:00)
Japan-China 2019 Exchange Exhibition
April 3rd(Wed.)～April 7th(Sun.) 10:30～17:30 (7th to 16:00)
Special exhibitions planned for 2018 fiscal year
The 40th Jubokukai(樹墨會) Painting Exhibition
March 28th(Thu.)～March 31st(Sun.) 10:00～17:00
Basic Japanese Painting Workshop
March 20th(Wed.)～March 24th(Sun.) 10:00～18:00 (24th to 16:00)