Status of Residence
Status of Residence
- ・To find out what activities you are permitted to conduct in Japan and to find out how long you are permitted to stay in Japan, check your passport or if you have already received your Residence Card check them at status of residence and period of stay
- ・If you entered Japan on a short-term tourist visa for tourism or another purpose, you are not permitted to work in Japan.
- ・If you are a student or your visa status does not allow you to work in Japan and would like to get a part-time job, you should apply for “Permission to Engage in an Activity other than that Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted (Shikakugai Katsudou Kyoka)”.
- ・If you want to extend or renew the period of your stay, you must apply within the three-month period prior to the expiration date of your period of stay.
- ・Normally, if you wish to temporarily leave Japan and return under the same resident status you must have a re-entry permit.
However, if you have a valid passport and your Residence Card and plan to return to Japan within 1 year, you do not need to obtain a re-entry permit but you must complete the procedures under the Special Re-entry Permission System. (If your Residence Card expires within 1 year, you must return before the expiration date.) When you are leaving Japan, you must tell an immigration officer about your re-entry plans and complete all indicated procedures to leave Japan.
Special Note：At an airport, if you wish to re-enter Japan, please check box 1 indicating “Departure with Special Re-entry Permission” on your re-entry and departure Embarkation and Disembarkation Card for Re-entrants (ED card).
- ①Date of Landing in Japan
- ②Period of Stay(Expiration Date)
- ③Status of Residence
- ④Period of Stay
Kyoto Branch Office of Osaka Regional Immigration Bureau
- 4F Kyoto Daini Chiho Godo Chosha
- 34-12 Marutamachi Kawabata Higashi-iru, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto
- Office hours: Mon.- Fri. 9:00 - 12:00, 13:00 - 16:00
- Access: 7 mins walk from Jingu-marutamachi station on Keihan Railway
1-5 mins walk from Kumano-jinja-mae bus stop
Immigration Information Center in Osaka (Gaikokujin Zairyu Sogo Information Center - Osaka)
- TEL: 075-752-5997
- IP, PHS: 03-5796-7112
- From overseas: +81-3-5796-7112
- Office hours: Mon.- Fri. 8:30 - 17:15
- Available languages: English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish