Korean Salon “Meari” Hangeul Study
We are offering a class of Hangeul to introduce the culture of the Korean Peninsula.
What is Korean Salon "Meari"?
The Korean Peninsula is deeply linked with Japan. Understanding the history and culture there is essential for the people in Japan to develop a globalized society.
- In cooperation with the Kyoto Prefectural Headquarters of Pro-Seoul South Korean Residents Union in Japan (Mindan), Kyoto Prefectural Headquarters of Pro-Pyongyang Korean Residents Group in Japan, and Kyoto City International Foundation, we started Korean Salon “Meari” with the purpose of:
- (1) Introducing cultures of the Korean Peninsula
- (2) Deepening the mutual understanding about the history of the relationship between the Korean Peninsula and Japan
- (3) Nurturing the common awareness that understanding the history, the current condition and thoughts of Koreans living in Japan is a basic way to improve international exchange.
The word “Meari” (means “echo” in Korean) shows the hope that this circle of mutual understanding does not just stay in Kyoto but spreads to other places.
Schedule (May 2023- March 2024)
|Beginner，Intermediate course（Every Wednesday）||Basic, Conversation course（Every Thursday）|
|The first term||May||10||17||24||31||11||18||25|
|The second term||November||8||15||22||29||9||16||30|
- ・Beginner course: Studying reading and writing of Hangeul
- ・Basic course: Learning basic grammar
- ・Intermediate course: Conversation practice
- ・Conversation: Practicing conversation
Every classes take place between 19:00-20:30, and tuition fee is 32,000 yen for 40 classes. You can try a calss for free only once to make sure the atmosphere of our class. Please call us if you are interesred in Korean Salon "Meari."