• Easy Living in Kyoto - Starting a New Life - Status of Residence (Visa)

Easy Living in Kyoto

II Starting a New Life

1.Status of Residence

*First check your passport to confirm how long you are permitted to stay in Japan.
*If you entered Japan on a short-time tourist visa or a visa exemption, working is not permitted.
*In order to engage in a part-time job which is not permitted under the present visa classification such as a college student, you have to apply for Permission to engage in an activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted.
*If you wish to extend or renew your period of stay, you can apply for an extension starting from three months before the day your present visa expires.
*If you wish to leave Japan temporarily and would like to return using the same visa, you have to apply for a Re-entry permit prior to your departure.

img_2-1-001.jpg ①Date of landing Japan
②Residence status
③Duration of stay
④Airport/harbor of landing
Ref: Immigration Bureau Homepage http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/

Osaka Regional Immigration Bureau, Kyoto Branch Office
(Osaka Nyukoku Kanrikyoku Kyoto Shuccho-sho)

Kyoto Dai-ni Chiho Godo Chosha 4F, 34-12 Higashi-Marutamachi,
Marutamachi Kawabata Higash-iru, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto
Office hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00 to 12:00/ 13:00 to 16:00
Access: Keihan Railway, 7 minute walk from Jingumarutamachi station.
Kyoto City Bus, 2 minute walk from Kumano-jinja-mae bus stop.

Immigration Information Center

(Gaikokujin Zairyu Sogo Information Center - Osaka)
TEL:0570-01-3904、 IP,PHS, 03-5796-7112、 Intl. Callers:81-3-5796-7112
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30-17:15
Languages Available: English・Chinese・Korean・Portuguese • Spanish

<Access to Osaka Regional Immigration Bureau, Kyoto Branch Office・Map>

II-2. Procedures at a Ward Office

▲Go to top of this page